Thursday, January 16, 2014

Invicta 8926 Pro Diver Automatic Watch - A Weird Hommage Wannabe, A Review

This is the first Invicta that I own. I bought it on October 4, 2011 for US$73.83 (US$84.82 with postage) from Amazon. At that time I just started into watch collecting and when I saw it on Amazon and such a price, I just immediately put in an order.



It is not a small watch. It has a case of 43mm stainless steel case. “Invicta” is engraved to the left side of the case. It comes with a stainless steel link bracelet. It has solid end links, round and flexible wrist links and polished steel center links.

To me, the graphics was an overkill on the part of Invicta. They should have just left the sides of the watch case to be clean. Also, the clasps on my particular piece is tight. It takes some effort to open it.


Invicta 8926 is capable to dive under water to a depth of about 200 m.

The bezel rotates and aligns perfectly with the white markers. It is unidirectional.

The watch has a mineral glass crystal, which is scratch resistant. It has a display watch back made of mineral glass as well. Here you are able to see the automatic movement doing it's thing.

The dial is black. All markers are lumed. It has a date magnifier at the 3 o’clock position. The second-hand is uniquely Invicta. I particularly like that design. The lumes are fine, nothing special. I would have preferred it if there's no date magnifier on the watch.


Invicta 8926 comes with a 21-jewel Japanese-automatic Miyota 8215 movement. This movement has 40 hours of power reserve. Accuracy is surprisingly good.


If you ask me today whether I would consider buying this watch again, I say no. It's tries too much to be a hommage yet wanting its own identity. This makes it very weird in my view.

Nevertheless, as a tool watch, it is value for money.


Photo Gallery



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTRIBUTE FOR THE UPKEEP OF THIS BLOG

Any contributions is appreciated!